Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I love my RNO130 wall oven, but the beep which indicates

Customer Question

I love my RNO130 wall oven, but the beep which indicates preheating or timer is finished is much to quiet. I did not find a way to increase its volume in the manual. Can you tell me how we can turn-up the volume. please?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: It doesn't confuse me, I just don't see anything telling me how to do it.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Dacor RNO130. It is only about 3 months old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just need simple instructions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So unfortunately there is no way to adjust the volume of the beeping, there is only on or off. Below are the instructions to turn the beeping on or off in case it's off, but other than that, you can't adjust the beeping.

To turn the control panel “beep” off (or on):

1. Touch and hold the START TIME key for six seconds, until “beep” appears on the display.

2. Touch the # key repeatedly to switch between “On” and “Off.”

3. Touch CANCEL · SECURE when the desired mode appears on the display. To change the control panel back to the previous mode, repeat the above steps.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am disappointed that we cannot adjust the volume. I was already aware of how to turn it off or on. Thank you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

I'm disappointed as well. I hope you understand that I have no control over that. I'm just telling you how the oven operates so you don't have to keep looking for a way to increase the volume.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am unsure why I am having to pay $25 for no solution.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Again, I can't control how the oven is made. I gave you the correct information so you can move on. What more can I possibly do. If you called a technician out to your house, they would have charged you $100 just to tell you the same information.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?