Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I am just trying to troubleshoot why on my oven and broiler

I am just trying to troubleshoot why on my oven and broiler won't light. When I try to turn oven a burner on the stove ignites and not the oven
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's about 7 and a half years old it is a whirlpool accubake
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what is wrong with it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It sometimes randomly decides to work fine and other times will not work

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the oven door the model /serial tag will be on the oven cavity face frame usually on the right hand side.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
WFG374LVS 1

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

Ok so you can turn the oven Bake or Broil on and the cooktop burners begin to spark is that correct?

And has anyone done any work on the unit recently?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that is correct
No no one has worked on it

ok are you able to pull the unit away from the wall and remove the rear upper inspection cover that is right behind the console area?

I would like to make sure you have no wires touching each other on the units spark module that is just to the right of the clock /control board when looking at the unit from the rear.

It would be item #4 (spark module)in this parts break down.

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/4/00000332/680/900

If you have no wires touching each other the you will need to replace the spark module .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Module/WPW10331686/1937904?rcaid=1000070

Let me know if you find any wires touching each other or anything looks burnt.

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can it will just be a little bit to perform

no problem ,just reply back when you can!