John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Maytag dependable care flooded my washroom as I was doing

Customer Question

My Maytag dependable care flooded my washroom as I was doing a normal sized load of laundry
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have no idea, I bought it from a lady on letgo 2 days ago. I think it may be about 4 yrs old. I dont see a model number so, I'm working on opening the front panel
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Ya
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Maybe why it may have flooded. I know I didn't over flow it, but idk what else is wrong
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 days ago.

Was it flooding when you went back into the laundry room? Did you turn the washer off to stop the flooding or did you need to turn the water valves off behind the washer to stop it from flooding?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I went back to the room cuz it was making a weird noise, and when I got there, it was flooded. We turned it off, unplugged it, and turned off the water.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Am I going to be getting my money back after this, bcuz I didn't really want to pay anything, was told it was a fully refundable $5.00 then onto of paying that, I had to pay $28.00 that I didn't really have in the first place.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 days ago.

sorry this is not a free service so we will just stop now. I wish you the best of luck.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok, then I want my money back