Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My maytag washer is leaking water from somewhere behind the

Customer Question

My maytag washer is leaking water from somewhere behind the top. Open. Or closedwater drips from behind the top
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Age approx. 15 years+. MAV-39 Model MAV96573WW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

You say "leaking" but where are you seeing the water exactly? Are you saying the tub is filling with water when it shouldn't? Are you finding water below the tub?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Water coming from under the lid at the back of the top
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

OK perfect. That means your electronic water valve isn't sealing up properly. You'll need to order and replace the electronic water valve which is the part that your water supply hoses from your house connect to on the back of the washer itself. Below is a link to the valve you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for valve

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?