Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We recently purchased the Bravos MCT top loading washer

Customer Question

Hello , we recently purchased the Bravos MCT top loading washer /W10783959A . How can I set up a cycle which I can just rinse then spin dry. I have been trying to do this with a blanket and need to go through the entire cycle. Upon completion ,which has included the " spin-dry " cycle , the blanket remains soaked.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: We purchased 3 months ago from Lowes. The model # appearing on the manual is W10783959A
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. Just want to know if I can rinse & spin dry only. Also possibly extend the spin cycle to remove as much water from the blanket that I'm washing. So heavy with water that it's difficult to pull out of washer.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Any recommendations ?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

So first, it's unlock the washer will spin out the blanket because that is going to be really out of balanced. If the washer can't balance the blanket it will refuse to spin. It would be better to add some towels as well to help balance the load. Either way, on these newer Bravos machines, you can not select just a spin and drain sequence. You must run the washer through an entire cycle. you can select a shorter cycle, but it won't just spin I'm sorry to say. This has to do with how the tub balances the load through the cycle so that it has the ability to spin if it can balance the load.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?