John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have Dacor wall oven #mcs230 and touchpad is giving F0 error

Customer Question

Have Dacor wall oven #mcs230 and touchpad is giving F0 error as stuck in depressed position.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is Dacor mfg. and model is MCS230 and is roughly 10 years old, came with home just purchased.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not sure...hoping quick panel fix as oven works but beeps and gives the F0 code intermittently.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nothing at this point.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The issue as you already know is a stuck key on the key pad.

You may need to replace the keypad/ touch pad but there is a trick you can try first.
Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons.
Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic.
If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.