Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Miele Optima Series dishwasher stopped mid cycle and

Customer Question
flashed F 70. Please tell...
My Miele Optima Series dishwasher stopped mid cycle and flashed F 70. Please tell me what to do.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8-9 years old. Model G2470 SCVi
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That depends on what it is and whether I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just tell me what to do to get it working properly again
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So F70 means your dishwasher is stuck in "flood mode". What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and try again. If the issue comes back, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it on it's back. Remove the bottom access panel below the dishwasher. There is 1 screw in each corner. Once removed you'll see the pump assembly and you can try to locate a leak.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc