Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Mu Kitchen Aid refrigerator has stopped keeping items cold

Customer Question

Mu Kitchen Aid refrigerator has stopped keeping items cold and everything in the freezer thawed and the refrigerator is at 50 deg.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sure. It is 13 years old (mfg. date is 7/2004) and the serial number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really, the freezer and the refrigerator just started thawing today....no signs of any problems before
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Can you check to see if the two fans are running. One in the freezer and one in the back of the unit? Also the compressor a black pot looking thing. Is it running? Is it running hot or warm?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
everything is running... it is just not ketoingbthings cold
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

is the compressor running hot or warm?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Keeping things... cold... thanks but I need to go to sleep soon... I have An early morning meeting. I'll catch up later this weekend. Thank you!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

ok well if you need further assistance feel free to reach out to me

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.