Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The drum on my Kenmore Elite he3t is caught on something. it

Customer Question
will only turn so far...
The drum on my Kenmore Elite he3t is caught on something. it will only turn so far and then stops.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 12 - 13 years old. Kenmore elite he3t. Model 110. 42922 201
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's not apparent how to get behind the drum so I can see what is causing the drum to get stuck. It will spin either direction by hand but gets stuck at one point. I have the back panel off.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

You can't get behind the drum unless you tear the machine completely down and separate the halves of the outer tub. The best you can do is to inspect the holes from the inside and if nothing found (like nails, crews, bobby pins, etc), go in from the bottom. Remove the large hose that leads from the bottom of the tub to the pump. Most oftentimes, you can use a bent metal hanger to "fish around" and grab what is most likely a piece of clothing caught between the tubs. If no luck, it will require a complete tear down, which I am happy to instruct for, if necessary. However, you will want to avoid that if at all possible, it is a huge undertaking.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Ok I will take a look and get back to you

Roger that, good luck fishing! :~)

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician