John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dishwasher won't start and there is a little red lock

Customer Question

My dishwasher won't start and there is a little red lock image on the left side of the console. My dishwasher is only about a year old.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Just a minute, I need to go look.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Where can I find this information?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not if it needs a technician or repair person
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't find the model number on the machine, and the manual that came with it doesn't mention it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The model tag is on the tub once the door is opened unless it is a Bosch. What brand is the dishwasher?