Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I purchased a whirlpool front loading washer 1 year ago. 6

Customer Question
days ago the door with...
I purchased a whirlpool front loading washer 1 year ago. 6 days ago the door with a wet wash load jammed shut and there apparently is no way to open it. Appliance technicians say they need the model number, which of course is located inside the door. Monday a tech came out and said he couldn't fix it alone he needed a partner to help remove the dryer (stacked). Today a different tech called and said he wasn't coming because he doesn't work with help and that it would be 2 weeks before we would have service. (This is through a home service organization, so I know my beef is with them) Can you help me figure what to do? The machine not to mention my clothes will be ruined in 2 weeks with mold, likely at health hazard levels and I will have to buy new. The thing is only 1 year old.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1 year old, purchased 7/9/16, home depot, WFW75HEFW is the model # given to me by HD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If not too complicated or needing special equipment.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am at work. My husband is home. We don't have reliable internet so likely will have to be done by phone
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
7/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The only way your going to get this models door open (since it does not have the lower front panel below the door) is to remove the dryer and then remove the washer top panel and reach down on the right side of the door and pull up on the manual latch release lever.

Or to just pull the door open and break the door latch /lock assembly ,but then you will need to replace the door latch /lock assembly.

As you can see this is a great design to work on the washer if you have a dryer stacked on top of the washer.

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

Master Tech
Master Tech