Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

We have a Kenmore Elite side by side. When we push the ice

Customer Question

We have a Kenmore Elite side by side. When we push the ice dispenser, sometimes ice comes out through the ice dispenser and works just fine and sometimes water comes out the water dispenser next to it. Strange.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 9 years old, model no.(###) ###-####JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what is wrong with it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything else works fine. No issues. Other than the weird thing it is doing. Opened up the face to view the board. Nothing looks broken or burned, etc...
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 12 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

And when you get water even though your calling for ice you are 100% sure you have not touched the water paddle correct?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Have you ever heard of this happening before?

ok it has to be some type of glitch in the dispenser control board.

It will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Dispenser-Control-Board/241527601/1056513?rcaid=1000070

Never heard of this happening . I have heard and seen when you call for water at the dispenser it brings water into the icemaker at the same time but not this issue.

With an electronic control board it just takes some thing as simple as the lights flickering on /off to damage a control board though.

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sounds like I'd better just call a repair man. Thank you.

if you call a service company you will be looking at at least $90.00-$125 .00 for them to walk in the door and say hello ,then they will charge you at least double the price of the part to cover any warranty on part and labor.

But it is up to you.

A person need to know their limits!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.