Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag clothes dryer Model: MDE8506AYW makes a loud

Customer Question
Maytag clothes dryer Model...

Maytag clothes dryer Model: MDE8506AYW makes a loud screeching sound when drum is turning. Could it be the drive belt?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Dryer is approximately 8 years old and model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
7/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Yes it could be the belt slipping or the idler pulley wheel or even one of the drum rollers making the noise.

but if I had to guess I would think the rollers or the idler pulley .

If you have any questions just reply back to me.