Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator aroung. Around 10 years old.

Customer Question

Thanks. I have a Whirlpool refrigerator aroung
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: around 10 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The model # is ED2SHAXMT11. My problem is that the icemaker is leaking water and freezing under the tray. I have icicles hanging down all the shelves. I defrosted it and turned the icemaker off for right now. Do I need a new kit or is this something to do with hoses
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It depends on complications. Probably not
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

If you turn the water back on, does it start leaking right away?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not sure, but the icemaker tray is jacked up on the right side and water leaks underneath and freezes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** you could tell me if I need the whole unit or if its the hoses
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Well, knowing if the water starts to leak right away will be important buy I will provide you with the answer assuming it only leaks during a harvest, the most common failure. Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The module on the ice maker tends to build up carbon and the water fill tends to get elongated due to this and creates the issue you are now seeing. So,m if you turn the water back on and it does not start leaking water right away, replace the ice maker. The video at the link below shows how it is accessed for replacement.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.