Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Neptune. The door won't stay locked, so I

Customer Question
replaced the door lock assembly...
I have a Maytag Neptune. The door won't stay locked, so I replaced the door lock assembly, but the problem still happens. Model Number MAH5500BWW
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's fairly old. My father had it for about 5 years and bough it fairly used. They didn't have it long. I just got it. 5-7 years. Maytag Neptune model number MAH5500BWW serial number 92997799AR
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: At first it would lock, but then unlockon soon cycle. I'd reopen it close it tightly and it would fonish, but now I get nothing
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Spin cycle not soon cycle sorry
7/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

So does it lock at all now with the new door lock or no lock function period?

I believe we got it working. It's now half way through a wash cycle.

OK great! If you need anything else let me know!

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician