Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I just replaced the HV Board on my Amana refrigerator. The

Customer Question

I just replaced the HV Board on my Amana refrigerator. The appliance was unplugged for a day. When I plugged it back in the light on the front just says PE0 000. No other buttons work???
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maybe 7 years old with a double door with freezer on the bottom Model AFI 2538 AES4 Code 2012, Serial # KY(###) ###-####JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Replaced circuit board with WPW10310240. Plugged in refrigerator yesterday around 3 pm and front only lights up PE0 000. Someone said we have to wait 24 hours for refrigerator to reset since it had been unplugged.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

PE0 000 means that your control board has not been programmed. You need to program the control board after you replace it. Either way, attached below are the instructions directly from the service manual on how to program the board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?