AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

My LG dishwasher is flashing AE. I have cancelled the drain

Customer Question

My LG dishwasher is flashing AE. I have cancelled the drain and powered off and opened the door but I still hear the motor
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Less than 1 year.LDF7774
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If necessary, I doubt I can get a repairman quickly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm a NOVICE repair person, a female and 70 years old....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me a few moments to review your question.

AE indicates there is a leak.

You will need to remove the panel below the door and dry the water. After that is done you will need to determine where the unit is leaking and fix it.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thanks.