Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Range has the f1-7 code. I checked all connections and all

Customer Question

Range has the f1-7 code. I checked all connections and all were good. Is it the board that needs replaced? It started with the clear baake button stoped working.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Sorry Maytag m# ***** s# *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, hvac tech for46 years shouldn't have any issues.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thatsabout it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So to start, F1-7 means your touch control panel on your display board has shorted. This is all one assembly so you can try to flip the breaker off to the oven to see if the issue resets, but other than that the entire display control board will need to be replaced as you suspected. The part number is ***** and it's very expensive at $475 so it may not be worth fixing but that is completely up to you.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for the quick response.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

No problem but I'm very sorry about the bad news.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?