Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My fabric softener dispenser is not working properly. I

Customer Question

My fabric softener dispenser is not working properly. I always add water to dilute the softener but lately, there is an abundance of liquid left in the dispenser
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: I just noticed this last week. And it is getting worse because I don't think the fabric softener dumped in my last cycle
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well I am in the process of cleaning the dispenser
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have a cabrio washer, and I love it. This is the first problem I have had
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
WTW8540BW0
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hello?
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

Each dispenser has its own water solenoid in the log valve assembly. The dispenser solenoid is having issues and the log valve will need to be replaced. The video at the link below shows how it is accessed for replacement. The video is for a slightly different model but the procedure is the same.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 days ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.