Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need to do a side installation on the right. I popped out

Customer Question

I need to do a side installation on the right. I popped out the circle but there is a wide wire so I don't see how I can do it.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just got it today.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do I bring the exhaust to the side?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Do you have a model number for your dryer so I can better assist you? It should be locate don a sticker just inside the door way

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Model GDT42GASJWW
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for getting back with me. The entire dryer will need to be taken apart, then you'd need to remove the vent that goes from the blower wheel under the drum straight back. Install a right elbow vent and exit out the side. There is a specific venting kit GE makes which is part number WE25X10015, or you can just make your own vent from the hardware store. Either way, below is a video on how to take the dryer apart so you can get inside and replace the vent. There is not a video on replacing the actual vent, just the belt but once you take the dryer apart is very straight forward and if you order the kit it comes with instructions.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?