Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I just defrosted my freezer and cleaned it. I removed the

Customer Question

i just defrosted my freezer and cleaned it. I removed the drawers and refilled them. When I returned the bottom drawer, it won't go all the way in, about 3/4", it kind of bounced back.
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Jenn-aire -- Model JFC2089HTB3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Why won't the bottom freezer basket go all the way in?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 15 days ago.

Your issue has to do with the plastic cog wheels on the back bar under the drawer which supports the back of the drawer. This is actually keyed so that the teeth must be aligned. You'll need to remove the drawer again and try to align the plastic cogs. Below is a video on how to install these cogs correctly.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.