Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Model FGGF3032MFE and I have a PErr showing up on the

Hi Peter. Model FGGF3032MFE and...
Hi Peter. Model FGGF3032MFE and I have a PErr showing up on the display. Also when I press the buttons I get 3 beeps. Oven wasn't ever coming on. This week I changed the temperature probe and igniter. Oven came on, igniter glowed and flame ignited. After 7mins the Beeping started again and the PErr came up. Now nothing works in the oven besides the lights, door lock and clock. Top 5 burners work fine. Please help me.
7/12/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Hi Tyler. No probs. Thanks

PErr means there is a programming error in the display board. Try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't reset the display board, I'm sorry to say there is nothing you can do but replace the display board to fix the issue. Below is a link to the display board for your model.

CLICK HERE for display board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I am afraid that I already purchased another control board and I have switched back and forth between boards and I'm still getting the same problem...

OK so the only other thing that can cause that issue is the meat problem I've seen cause the board to act up. The meat probe receptacle can fail. Try to unplug the unit and clean out the receptacle with a q-tip and white vinegar. let it dry and if it still acts up, replace the meat probe receptacle.

I also unplugged for 10minutes and same problem. Unplugged overnight and it resets. But as soon goes back to the problem.

I don't have the meat probe inserted. Never used it actually.
Just checking and I don't have the probe. Can I use rubbing alcohol or menthelated spirit to clean the probe receptacle?

I understand it's not inserted. But the receptacle can think something is shoved into the probe even though nothing is in there. You need to try to clean it out. If that doesn't work, the receptacle needs to be replaced because it's shorting the board out.

Can I use contact cleaner to attempt to clean it out?

Yes you can.

I am heading out to work now. So I will try cleaning it tomorrow and give you some feedback. Also can you send me the link for the receptacle and the probe. Thanks.

The probe is part number(###) ###-####(which you don't need to fix this issue, only if you want to use it in the future) and the receptacle is part number###-##-####

If I try this tomorrow and it works you would have earned a 10 STAR rating Tyler. I will continue with you tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

ok good luck

It it fine if I rate and credit when we resolve this Tyler?

Yes, as long as you remember---I get a lot of people that do not remember.

I'm a Firefighter. Loyalty is in my blood brother. Will update you.

Alright, good luck to you.

Thanks alot. You too...

no problem.

Just a quick update before I leave. I sprayed it. Has been unplugged for at least ah hour and I just tried it again and the same PErr error. So the spraying didn't help.

Alright well unfortunately that receptacle will just need to be replaced.

Is there anyway to rest the receptacle to confirm that before ordering one?

No there is not unfortunately.

Ok. Off to work. Will do as you advise and keep you updated. Have you had this problem in an actual real life job before. How certain are you?

Yes, I have seen it twice before that why I know that if the board doesn't fix it, the only thing I've seen cause the issue is the probe receptacle. Took awhile to track that down the first time, but eventually figured out it can cause confusion in the board

Well I'm at the Fire Station. Will probably place and order for the receptacle tonight. And when I replace it hopefully that solves everything. If not then I guess that I will have to order another Control Board. This is also my first time using this website and the service. So far I'm really impressed with the service. You are a prime representation of excellence.

ok good luck.

Do you have a link for the receptacle btw?

Here is a link.

CLICK HERE for receptacle

Thanks. Expensive part. Almost as expensive as the Control Board. I really hope that you are right Tyler.

...

Those are guaranteed genuine parts right?

yes. Please... just replace the part. I really don't have anything else to say until the part is replaced.

Will do. Thanks.

good luck.

Hello Tyler. The receptacle just came. I'm heading to work now but tomorrow I will attempt to change it. Hopefully you will be available then. I haven't forgotten about you Brother.

awesome, unfortunately it's not so easy to install.

Oh oh.. What would I need. How can I get it done?

I'm not sure without being there but I can tell you that the side panel on the outside of your oven needs to be removed so you can access the receptacle for replacement.

Well I'm all the way in Trinidad and Tobago so getting to me is not a viable option. Lol. I suspected that it would require removing the side panel. Whatever guide you can offer I shall follow.

Unfortunately without being there I really couldn't say. There isn't a service manual for replacing this part. I would have to start taking the unit apart until have have the panel off to replace the receptacle.

Well then that what I'll do. I'm determined to get it done. I'm confident that with your professionalism and my ability to follow instructions we can tackle it. I will message you when I get home tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

alright good luck

alright sounds good. Looks like you're into it pretty far now.

Yep. Just installed the new one. Reassembly now...

should have a working oven in no time.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Will let you know. Step by step.

OK

Just the top burners to screw in and in plugging in the power.

ok

I'm sure it'll be fine if it was all assembled correctly.

Ok. Tested all the top burners. Working great.

that's good, but they worked before no?

they worked before. So reassembly was fine it they still work. Lol
Stove electronics came in well and no beebing. Clock set fine. Going to try the oven.
Set to 350. Igniter is glowing.

alright well sounds like it's working again.

Waiting for ignition. Nothing yet...

Unless your igniter just failed and isn't drawing 3.2 amps, the oven will work. The igniter is getting power from the control board but the burner doesn't turn on until the igniter draws 3.2 amps for safety reasons.

Takes about 2-4 minutes typically.

Seems to be lighting.. it's alive... You are the man Tyler..

glad it all worked out for you. It's a lot of work to replace that part, but I've found after running into troubles myself before that it can confuse the board so I was certain it was going to fix the issue.

It it supposed to beep and cut of the igniter and flame while baking? I set the temp to 350 for 30mins. 10mins in I just 3 beeps and the glow I was seeing in the over stopped. Display still says 350 and the timer is still running. I never used the over before so I don't know if that's normal...

That's normal yes.

I guess that's the way of the oven maintaining a 350 temp. Also when does the convention fan opperate...

Alright it's working again. I'm glad I could help. I must move on to help others now. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The fan operates only when the door is closed and you select convection bake.

Ok. I don't see a convection bake button though. Haven't seen the fan activate yet. But the over is working.

... It's been 9 days. I have helped fix your problem. You haven't rated. This session is over I'm afraid. if you'd like help on how to use your appliance or how it works I can send you an extended service option for another $24.

It truly was an honor working with you Tyler. You have earned a 10 Star rating from me and I'd highly recommend you to anyone. The best thing that I ever came across was my.justanswer.com... I will surely be using the services again.

I'm really glad I could help. I hope you understand that I must be moving on and helping others now as well.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
I wasted alot of money with many technicians over the years and never found a solution. Awesome first time experience here with you. Yes I do understand and u urge other people to be honorable and rate the technicians. God bless Tyler.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc