Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ordered E132AR80QS E132AF80QS and trim kit SS2 custom

Customer Question

ordered E132AR80QS E132AF80QS and trim kit SS2 custom cabinets being built. How tall a opening do I need?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: not long. Cabinets originally made with 72" opening. I read they need 75" - 79" and want to have them built correctly
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No - will hire installer. Need to tell cabinet company today what size opening in cabinets is needed 75 or 79
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So the height of this refrigerator is 70.625 inches. The door hinges are a bit taller but that doesn't matter when it comes to how large your opening should be. You need 1 inch of gap above the top of your refrigerator so you need 71.625". 72" is perfect.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No the unit has trimkit SS2 which requires 75 or 79 opening. Need to know opening with trim kit
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Answer question rewarding trim kit. I DID NOT ask about frig without trim kit
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

OK understood one second

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

There are 2 trim kits, SS1 and SS2. If you have trim kit SS2 you need 79". If you have trim kit SS1, you need 75". The difference between the trim kits is that on the taller SS2, there is a large louvered vent above the doors built into the trim kit. If you have the louvers above the door on your trim kit, you need 79". If you just have a metal trim that goes above the doors, you need 75"

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

No problem and sorry about the confusion.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?