Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Thermador Freezer column and ice maker will not…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Thermador Freezer column and ice maker will not dispense Ice and when I open the door to the freezer the panel displays E33. I have cleared the ice maker of all obstructions. Is there a way to reset the fault code?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

It is a Thermador freezer model T18ID800LP

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. It is only 4 months old. I am assuming it doesn't require a complete disassembly to reset a fault code.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just looking to find out what the code e33 means and what are somethings that can be done about it. Thanks, ***** ***** is appreciated.

Answered in 1 hour by:
7/12/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Is the red service light flashing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There isn't a red light flashing anywhere on the freezer

Nothing on the icemaker either?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I can clear the code off of the freezer LCD screen by clicking the right arrow and it will display the temp again. However, When I go to test if the ice maker will dispense, nothing happens and the error E33 comes back on the screen. Is it possible that the E33 is something more than a jammed Ice maker?

Yes that code means there is an unrecoverable icemaker fault, replace the icemaker if it will not clear after shutting the power off to the unit for a full minute and powering it back up.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I will try the power cycle. Thank you for the help.

No problem!