Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My friedrich window unit was installed wrong. It tilts

inward. What do we...
my friedrich window unit was installed wrong. It tilts inward. What do we need to do?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: could it be that they used the existing brackets and they are tilting it the wrong way? can I get another set of brackets that would tilt it right? it's not the thermostat. I can see it from another window it tilts in and it leaks into the kitchen
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not necessarily. I would need a helper, because the unit is very heavy. I see how to remove the unit from the frame, but not sure how to tilt it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There was a Panasonic unit there before, and I think that the installer just used the existing brackets instead of the ones supplied with the new unit where are you located? How much would it cost to redo? would I need to order brackets or would the installer?
7/9/2017
Phil
Phil, Shop owner

Hello, you will have to slide the ac unit itself out of its window mounted sleeve... then remove any screws holding the sleeve to the window fame, then refit the sleeve so that it slopes very very slightly toward the rear... then reinstall the screws into the window frame... then slide the AC unit back into the wall sleeve etc.

Tell me how much coaching your will need, and of any questions you still have, we can go from there.

.

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/ electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business.

I will go in depth with you, and up to a 6 hour time limit.

.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK*** at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you can agree to that, lets continue by all means.

Phil
Phil, Shop owner
the question is how do you refit the sleeve I am not sure the installer used the right bracket
I will need someone to help me because the unit weighs something like 80 lbs
Phone call session started
Phil
Phil
Phil, Shop owner