Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ikea in wall oven had the door locked and shows no signs…

My ikea in wall oven...
My ikea in wall oven had the door locked and shows no signs of electrical life ,may have been self cleaned. Was able to open door but now what model # IBS550PWS00.
7/9/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Make sure you have correct power at the terminal block where the noise filter is located. Below is a picture of the noise filter above your oven.

CLICK HERE to see noise filter

If you have 110 volts coming out and the unit is 100% dead, there are no fuses or cut outs on this oven that shut off the display. That means your main control board called the appliance manager above the oven has failed or the transformer has failed. The oven shutdown thermal fuse on the back only cuts power to the elements, not the display. Attached below is a picture to show you where the transformer and control board are located and you need to test the transformer for 20 volts coming out to the board. If you don't have 20 volts coming out, replace the transformer. If you do, replace the control board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

How do you get to these items to test them

To get to any of these items you must pull the oven out of the wall and remove the top sheet metal panel. You can't work on this unit without uninstalling it.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc