Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Gas Neptune dryer showing display dd, 11-12 yrs old Neptune

gas Neptune dryer showing display...
gas Neptune dryer showing display dd
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 11-12 yrs old Neptune w drying cabinet
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hope so
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can only dry on time setting, upper cabinet not working
7/8/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Model MCG8000AWW
Serial # 12393189GA
Purchased 2005
I went down and checked dryer, the upper cabinet works!
Just lower cabinet shows code DD and can only dry on time not sensor
Neptune DC

the DD is telling you it is entered into the diagnostic mode.

How long has it shown this Dd in the display?

I ask because if you do not touch the dryer after 10 minute it should exit this mode unless you have an electronic control board issue.

for about a month !
we're busy!

ok so you have an issue with the electronic control board.

Let`sc first try to reboot the electronic control board by unplugging the unit from the outlet or turning the circuit breaker off for over 5 minutes then plug it back in and tell me what it does after you plug it back in?

Yep, we unplug it every day. It sits unplugged until we plug it in & use it
We also ran an external ground from the case to cold water pipe last weekend - no change.
Just remembered, if you press button a few times it will change to show a time of 1:59 minutes . but never changes from that time during the dry time.

ok good info.

That means the electronic control will not even reboot itself so the electronic control board will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WP534643/1413623?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=31001561?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

And I see no reason for a phone call ,unless for some reason you still would like one? let me know

Thanks for your help. Do not need phone call. please remove from billing.
Great Service.

great glad to hear it will let Just Answer customer service know no call needed.

Just remember to rate me.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Master Tech
Hi Woody! We've been looking for Youtube videos on replacing the board, no luck yet, just the logic board behind the front control panel - where is the main board located - 2004 Neptune Drying Cabinet - Thank You!

the main control relay board is mounted on the dryer floor.

Here is a parts break down that shows it .

it is item # 22

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00037463/680/900

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, Service Technician
Phone call session started
Master Tech
Master Tech