Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

How can I open lower freezer door that sometimes is almost

Customer Question

How can I open lower freezer door that sometimes is almost impossible to open because it gets off its track? I have had to pry it open on occasion, leaving dents on the door. Thank you.
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: How do I determine make and model? And what settings should I be checking? Yesterday, I accidently left freezer door ajar for several hours. Both top and bottom temps jumped so high that I asked neighbors to house food overnight. Now, the temps have corrected themselves; however, I can't open freezer door (which has happened before but not related to such a dramatic happening). Thank you.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would just like to open the freezer door right now.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. The model number is ***** on the inside of the fridge door area. Whats going to need to be done is if its falling off the track we will have to figure out if its the track itself on the sides of the racks on the sides of the freezer door causing this to happen and replace them. In order to walk you through this though I will need the model number.