Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Our exterior refrig in our outdoor kitchen was set on 37

Customer Question

Our exterior refrig in our outdoor kitchen was set on 37 degrees, all good. Went out this morning and all the diet cokes had exploded. I cleaned it all up, but the display panel on the bottom is blank. No power. I turned it off and on with the key and switched the breaker off and on, still dead. The subzero ice maker next to it is functioning fine. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is brand new, installed when the house was built a few months ago.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on how difficult it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that is it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Instead of just turning it off and on lets try turning it off for a full 5 minutes. If that does not work it sounds like your display control board has went bad and will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens if its doesn't come back on I will need your model number in order to locate the part you will need.