Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an old Asko 10505 washing machine ca. 1994 and it

Customer Question

I have an old Asko 10505 washing machine ca. 1994 and it leaks out the bottom of the drum apparenly where the water pump boot meets the lower drum.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I just gave you that info
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I hope so
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that this is an old machine and it was made in Sweden about 1994
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

can you tell if the rubber hose is compromised or the tub is cracked or damaged?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have an old (1994) Asko 10505 washing machine made in Sweden. It's leaking around the front of the tub.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell if it is a rubber hose that is leaking (or the door boot) or the tub may be cracked?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It does not look like it is the rubber hose there is just water coming out from around the bottom of the tub
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Can you remove the hose to inspect the tub outlet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if I carefully pry apart the pinched type hose clamp
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That clamp will probably need to be replaced and may be the source of the trouble anyway. I would replace it with a screw type radiator clamp. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, I will give it a try
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted! :)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Replaced the clamp, still leaks up higher when the tub is filling
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell if it is from the hose at the dispenser or where it is leaking from?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good question can't tell without taking some stuff apart. I guess I will check the soap dispenser. My wife said the thing started leaking after she had an uneven load in the machine.. Dont know if that;s any help
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Does the inner tub move a lot if you open the door and lift up and down on it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will go check
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Roger that!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The link below shows the parts breakdown. If you take the top off you will likely be able to see the leak.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Bingo!! The hose that goes from the detergent cup to the drum-broke at the drum.
I wonder if that part is still available. Cause this is a made in Sweden machine, parts can be hard to come by.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Let me see what I can find. Nice work! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

There is one on eBay, link below!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 23 days ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.