Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I HAVE A MAYTAG PEDESTAL MODEL #WHP1500SQ AND A NEW DRYER

i HAVE A MAYTAG PEDESTAL MODEL #WHP1500SQ AND I AM PURCHASING A NEW DRYER MODEL #MED3500FW. I WANT TO KNOW IF THE PEDESTAL WILL WORK WITH THE NEW DRYER?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The pedestal was purchased in Feb. 2008
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, having the deliverymen do it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's it.......just if I can use this pedestal instead of having to buy a new one

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Your pedestal WHP1500SQ was replaced by XHPW155DW. The dimensions re the same and yes your pedestal will fit.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.....do I need to buy a new silver vent hose, too??

If you don’t have a vent hose you will need one. Don’t get the plastic ones becaue they are not safe for dryers. Get expandable aluminum. Most hardware sore have them but let me know if you need more help with that.