Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dryer runs for 20 minutes then stops & after a30 minute

Customer Question

My dryer runs for 20 minutes then stops & after a30 minute cool down I can start it again & it goes for about 15 minutes.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I bought it in 2011 the model # UPVH8806GJMG
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is straight forward yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has been doing this for over 1 year now but I have delayed trying to fix it since it partaly works.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

What brand is this dryer? Can you please double check that model number?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
GE model UPVH880GJMG
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. Sorry, I just saw that is a Canadian model. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The motor has a thermal protector that is opening and stopping it from running. The motor will likely need to be replaced. You can try cleaning it out with compresses air but that usually does not work. The motor is part number WG04F00756 and is available below.

CLICK HERE

The entire dryer needs to be disassembled to access the motor. If you would like instructions, please let me know and I can prepar those for you!

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.