Dino
Dino, Customer Service
Experience:  service technican at elite appliance care
99390383

I have a Samsung RS277ACPN side by side that just stopped

I have a Samsung RS277ACPN side by side that just stopped working. Both the fridge and freezer are warm and if I leave it on for an extended period of time, it trips the breaker. I removed the back bottom cover and made sure to clean all dust. I even placed a small portable fan to help cool it. After less than an hour the circuit tripped again. The compressor is very hot and I don't hear any clicking sound, so I'm guessing it's the issue. Just looking for some verification and whether it's worth having repaired.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Bought it new on 5/9/2009. Purchased an extended 4 year warranty, but I think that's only on top of a 1 year warranty, but I'm not sure about that yet. Most likely it's no longer covered.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends on the extent of work involved. I very mechanical by nature, but if it requires a certification, such as working with coolant, then I won't be able to do it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's an indoor unit and it's been treated well, so I wouldn't expect it to fail this soon. I have the old unit that this one replaced running in my garage, and it's still working fine (I live in Arizona, so that's saying something).

Hi

If the compressor is very hot but theres no cooling in there then im afraid its looking like the compressor is the fault here.

Now this is a job for a fridge engineer as they will need to put there gauges on it to see whats happening in the system. As the coolant will need to be replaced as well when the compressor is fitted.

Now this is an expensive fix so its weather its worth it as its about half the cost of a brand new appliance.

Sorry its not the news you wanted to hear but you are correct with your guessing its the compressor at fault here.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dino gave the answer I was expecting, as I did my own research already. It was nice to have some reassurance from an expert. In my situation, I'll probably shop around for a new appliance.

Glad to have given the reassurance.

If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks