Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Cannot get the Maytag control lock button to permanently

Customer Question

Cannot get the Maytag control lock button to permanently stop. I see pressing the cycle end signal turns this annoying feature off, but I do not have such a button.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MDB7749SBW2 ABOUT 4 YEARS OLD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES OR BUY A NEW ONE
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: DUNNO
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

To remove the control lock, all you should need to do is press and hold the Control Lock button to the right od the "delay hours" button for 5 seconds and that should remove the control lock. If that doesn't work, then your touch control panel has just failed and needs to be replaced so below is a link to that part.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?