Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need to reset my control panel on a whirlpool duet washing

Customer Question

I need to reset my control panel on a whirlpool duet washing machine
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years and a duet model #wfw70hebw2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The control lock will not turn off. This has happened before and I just need to reset the touch screen
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

To unlock the control panel, you should just need to press and hold the control lock button for 5 seconds in the bottom right corner of the control panel. If that doesn't work, unplug the washer for 5 minutes and then try again. If it still won't work, your interface control board has just failed. You can try to unplug the unit for 24 hours to allow the power to bleed out of all the capacitors in the board, but other than that the interface board would need to be replaced if none of those options I mentioned above work.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?