Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

There is a red light on that reads control locked. The

Customer Question

there is a red light on that reads control locked. The washer will not work. I have unplugged the washer to see if it would reset but no luck, any suggestions?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool. Model GHW9250ML2. 5-6 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is n to too complicated I would like to try and save myself some money.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so. Other than I am old and not too handy LOL
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Press and hold the END OF CYCLE SIGNAL button for 3 seconds and it will unlock.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The light is still on and the machine will not work. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Did you hold that button for 3 seconds?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** easier for me to type because I have 3 noisey children, a very loud bird and a dog that won't stop barking.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those. Did you hold that button for 3 seconds?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The door could always be opened but I can't start the washer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If the lock will not go off with pushing and holding that button, the User Interface has failed and will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The video at the link below shows how to replace the User Interface that has failed in your machine.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 27 days ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.