John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The washer gives a message that power is cut and will

Customer Question

The washer gives a message that power is cut and will restart in 10 seconds. Washer repair said the breaker is probably worn out. I have tried to use 4 other outlets as suggested to try to wash clothes. Still gives same message. I think it is the washer that is the problem. Can it be?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Fisher-Paykel bought in 2010. I think the tech said a 2008 model. Model # IWL-16-96160A.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I have a warenty to cover the machine, but they told me it wasn't the washer. So I need to know.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Sometimes the washer works for a few minutes and sometimes it gives the message when I turn on the power. It just started last Saturday and I was able to do 5 loads with the message coming and restarting. Now it doesn't keep going long enough to do a load so I shut it off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Is it ever working as it should now or always getting that message? Are you able to perform some light disassembly to access the control?