Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kitchenaid Dishwasher that does not progress in to

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Kitchenaid Dishwasher that does not progress in to wash mode. The "ADD DISH" light remains on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: within 2 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: we have an extended warranty from Lower, however; getting the technician here is taxing and we're operating a B&B Lowes that is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: like I mentioned, it seems to fill with water then stalls
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately with this one you're probably going to want to call warranty because the only things that can cause your problem are a bad circulation pump or a bad main control board. You can uninstall the dishwasher, tip it on it's back, and remove the circulation pump to make sure nothing is jammed inside, but if you find nothing, you'd need a multimeter to test and see if you're getting 110 volts down to the circulation pump when it should be washing after it fills. If you're not getting 110 volts, you'd need a new control board. Otherwise you'd need a new circulation pump if its getting 110 volts and not spraying. The circulation pump on these newer Kitchen Aid units commonly fail so I would imagine that is your problem without testing. But each part is about $150-200 so that is why I think it's probably best to get warranty even if it's a lot of time and hoop jumping---that of course is up to you.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?