Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dishwasher control lock will not turn off. it says hold

my dishwasher control lock will not turn off. it says hold for 3 seconds but it does not work
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: kitchenmaid model kdtm704ESSO
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i already tried cutting power to it to get it to reset. did not help

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

What button are you holding to unlock the control?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the control lock button

Okay, so if you have power cycled it and still have no ability to unlock. the touch control is likely faulty and will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.

The touch pad assembly is all one piece, shown as number 1 in the diagram at the link below. Access to replace that console is gained by removing all of the screws from around the inner door and separating the panel. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
now that is the most interesting fix i've heard. I'll try it. if it doesn't work i'll order the piece.
thank you

It works about 75% of the time! :)

Moisture gets in the pad contacts, the heat and rubbing helps to dissipate and evaporate....

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I used the hairdryer and about 20 minutes later the panel was working fine. Thank you for your help.