John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Splendide 2100XC installed in a fifth wheel RV.

Customer Question

Good morning. I have a Splendide 2100XC installed in a fifth wheel RV. After sitting idle for about 8 months, I tried to test the unit and the power button wouldn't even turn on. I checked the outlet, power is good. Tried the other suggestions in the owner's manual for "washer won't turn on" and nothing. It worked when it went into storage. Is there a reset button somewhere?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Splendide 2100XC Bought new Oct 2015
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just how to get the power back on.....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.
  1. Have you had a chance to remove the top to inspect the wiring?
  2. Was it stored in an area where rodents may have had access to it to chew wiring?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I haven't removed the top. But there was no access for any type of rodent or insect activity. The coach was being used on private property, but the washer/dryer was not used in the last 8 months.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

There is no type of reset., I would first look at the wiring to make sure nothing has been damaged. From there, it will require voltage testing internally. Do you have a meter to test voltage with?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thanks, Kelly. I am getting the feeling that this s a scam, as you keep asking for more money at every step I think we're done here. You got my $5, but you DO NOT have permission to charge any more.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

I am not sure what makes you think that way, but okay. If you decide you want help, let me know.