Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Ice2O refrigerator that is not making ice.

Customer Question
Model # MFI2568AEBThe water filter...
I have a Maytag Ice2O refrigerator that is not making ice. Model # MFI2568AEBThe water filter light was on so I replaced the filter (with a third party filter bought on Amazon) but it still won't make ice. The ice maker tray feels like it is empty. The water through the door flows fine, and I purged any air from the line by running a lot of water through the door.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and prepare your answer. Thank you for your patience.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

That model refrigerator has two water inlet valves it has one on the back that feeds water from your home supply and then through the filter to a second valve that has two solenoids on it one for the water dispenser and one for the ice maker, its very common for one side of those dual valves to fail so in your case the solenoid that feeds water to the ice maker on the dual valve has failed and the water dispenser side still works ok. You will need to replace the dual valve. The replacement part and a video showing how to replace it is listed below:

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve

Part #: 67006322 - click here for part price and ordering info at sears

This video is a video showing how to replace that valve in a whirlpool unit which I understand is not your model unit but its the exact same valve and the exact same replacement procedure for you maytag as that model is also made by whirlpool in fact all maytags are now by made whirlpool.

click here to watch video

If you need anything else just let me know in the meantime please rate my assistance by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of your question page. You will see a set of 5 empty stars 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, ***** ***** I have earned a 5 star rating. After you rate I will continue to help if needed any follow up questions will still be answered and there will be no further charges incurred. Please keep in mind we experts that take the time to help you are not compensated for our time unless you rate so it means a lot to us even though it may seem like a unnecessary hassle to you so please do not put this off and just take a moment to take care of this. Thank you very much!

I have ordered the part and will get back to you when I install it to report the results.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

results will be it will work like it should, but ya please let me know, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson