Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an error when starting my machine it tells me to

Customer Question

I have an error when starting my machine it tells me to raise the presser foot and needle bar then turn power on again. However when I restart I get the same message Memory Craft 11000
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: never had this message I'm not sure I purchased it used but I have owned it 5 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: we not sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so machine has been idle for a while about a year I'm afraid the mother board may be going out
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If you had a new pressure foot (as technicians like myself would have on the truck) you could plug a new one in and see if the pressure switch sensor inside thinks it's pushed down all the time. Your possibilities are either a bad main control board or a bad pressure foot. You would really have to replace one of the parts to know if it fixes the problem and then if not you know the other is at fault. If it does fix the problem then obviously that was the part causing your problem. There isn't a reset other than unplugging the unit for 60 seconds.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?