Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My new freezer is sweating and some ice is forming ont the

Customer Question

my new freezer is sweating and some ice is forming ont the top and top of door
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: i dont have tyhat available right now but it is on the factoryn recommened setting
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how do i correct this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The only thing that can cause that to happen is the door is not adjusted properly and the door gasket is not sealing correctly and its allowing outside air to enter and the moisture in the air is freezing causing the ice to form. You need to look and find out where the air leak is on the door and adjust the door correctly or look and see if the gasket is damaged somewhere. If its brand new then if its more than just a door adjustment then it will be covered under warranty.

If you need anything else just let me know in the meantime please rate my assistance by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of your question page. You will see a set of 5 empty stars 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, ***** ***** I have earned a 5 star rating. After you rate I will continue to help if needed any follow up questions will still be answered and there will be no further charges incurred. Please keep in mind we experts that take the time to help you are not compensated for our time unless you rate so it means a lot to us even though it may seem like a unnecessary hassle to you so please do not put this off and just take a moment to take care of this. Thank you very much!

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?