Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My maytag washer willl not go through the cycles. Maytag

My maytag washer willl not...
My maytag washer willl not go through the cycles.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maytag centennial probably 6 years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No we are seniors and my husband is 88 yearss
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Should I get it repaired or junk it? I don't now whether to get it fixed or what but I like to know what it is worth to get it going?
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
under the lid NOT on the lid ,but under the lid at the rear of the opening will be the manufactures model and serial number on a silver tag.
And just inside the door on the face frame after the door is opened on front loaders.

Does the unit power up at all?

Cz20xw0 model05132993 yes it does have power and it starts with the wash cycle and from there no cycle is performing.
I do I need to talk with a agent and go from there?

are you getting this number right off the unit?

and if so that is NOT the model number.

We can do everything I need right here on this chat!

Hello are you still with me?

Yes I`m right here ,BUT I need the correct model number.

I asked in my next to last post .

Are you getting the number right off the unit?

Try it again co5132993 cos132993 best as I can tell without standing on my head.

Ok is this a Maytag unit?

and is it a top or front load washer?

And are you in the U.S?

Top load washer and us.

and your looking right under the lid at the rear of the opening for the model number?

I ask because none of the numbers you have given is a Maytag model number!

Just found the paper work mvwc200xmvwc300x mvwc400xmvwx500x mvwx600xmvwx700x magtag3.3 cu ft.capacity maytag model mvwc200xw hope this helps
Bought it in 2011.

Thank you!

i`m going to use the number of mvwc200x
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

Are you getting any answers?
Okay

Just from what your telling me ( it is dead no response , no lights .

I suspect the electronic control board .

It is over $300.

So it would not be feasible to repair in parts and labor your looking at apprx $450

I would look for a fathers day sale in your area.

Wow I guess I will look for a new machine one that does not involve electronic if they make them! Welcome to technology! Thanks for your help.

good luck finding one with out electronics, very few manufactured any longer .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

You gave me good advice and I ordered a new one at Home Depot. Thanks for your help

no problem ,always glad to assist you anytime.

10 rating! Not sure what the scale is but there is your score!

Thank you!

But you should see a rating box that you have to click on and then rate me .

Master Tech
Master Tech
Master Tech