Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Our Whirlpool Quiet Partner !!! dishwasher will not start

Our Whirlpool Quiet Partner !!! dishwasher will not start and the 2 buttons ("normal" and "cancel") keep blinking continuously and we're unable to shut off the blinking lights or get the dishwasher to start. The dishwasher has been relatively free of problems for approx. 20 years.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We're unable at this time to find the exact model other than the fact that it is close to 20 years old and the outside says Whirlpool Quiet Partner 111.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's an easy fix I"ll do it. But we left a message for an appliance repair person to call us back in the morning.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing other than the fact that our water here in Minneapolis is comparatively clean and free of additives. So water appliances tend to last longer here.

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging it or turning the breaker off for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just turned the breaker off for over 5 minutes but when we attempted to start the dishwasher again the "normal" button blinks off and on again continuously..
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'd rather not spend more money so please write the response. I'm not that handy and if it's not an easy fix I'll go with an appliance service person.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is turning the breaker off for 5 minutes your only solution?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Travis, are you still there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, we re arranged the dishes and tried to start it again after it stopped blinking for some reason and now it's working.

I wanted to check in with you to see if its still running as normal since the reset?