Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Wehave an odour coming from our washeri have cleaned as

Customer Question

wehave an odour coming from our washeri have cleaned as advised and 3 times have put it through the hottest cycle but smell still persisting
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: novotronic w828
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: can i
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: have cleaned bottom filter
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Is this a front loader washer? If so more than likely the smell is coming from around the door gasket. What is the model number of your unit if this is not a front loader.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is a Novotronic W828
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have cleaned the bottom filter and have put the machine through the hottest cycle 3 times after spraying the door rubber with exit mould as advised by Miele.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Step-by-Step

1. Mix ¼ a cup of baking soda with ¼ a cup of water. Add this solution to your machine’s detergent container.
  2. Pour 2 cups of white vinegar into the drum and run a normal load at high heat.
  3. Scrub any remaining dirty spots with the rough side of a sponge dipped in a solution of one part vinegar, one part water.
  4. To maintain freshness moving forward, use detergents made for high-efficiency machines, keep the drum dry between cycles, and clean the gasket as needed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

also Clean the drain pump

Most front-load washers have an accessible drain pump with a filter or trap inside. Lint, hair, coins and just about anything can end up there. By not allowing debris to build up inside your pump, you will eliminate one of the major contributors to bad washer smells.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We gave you our Visa card details for you to withdraw $5.00 from our account which was the amount that was requested by you to give us a answer to our request which was a simple cleaning problem.
I am not happy or satisfied that you tried to take a further amount of $34.00 from our account without our consent .
We have not entered into your 'free Trial" nor have we clicked on "call me" to agree to you taking out additional money form our account.
Would you please withdraw your request from our bank immediately.
Regards *****
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

I am not in charge of the billing when it comes to what was agreed upon. I am only credited for my time in the event that I receive a 3-5 star rating at the top. I will send this in to customer service for a refund although I did try to assist you with your inquiry.