Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a miele platinum dishwasher with intake/drain light

Customer Question

I have a miele platinum dishwasher with intake/drain light flashing. Does not start at all. No voltage to intake valve. Water in bottom pan sensor is operating properly I think. When I push on the float it goes open across outer terminals. How can I get to diagnostics? No screen on this model. Just lights on front?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: purchased either in 2005 or 2007.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I am skilled at this type of work, have all the tools and know how to use a voltmeter.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Happened all of a sudden. Was working fine for years and then the light flashed and nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your unit for 5 minutes and doing a hard reset? If you have and this did not help please send me the link to your dishwasher. The number will be located on the inside of the door area.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do you perform a hard reset? Also, does water pressure need to be present in order to send voltage to the valve when the start button is pushed?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

no you can test the valve for continuity without the water being on. The hard reset is to unplug it for 5 minutes and see if that reset it. If there is no voltage though at the water valve its a sure bet that it needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did not ask if there needs to be water pressure to test for continuity. I ask if there needs to be water pressure for 120 to go to the valve. I understand there is a temp and pressure sensor. I need to know if there is no pressure with the switch kill 120 to the input valve. I am trying to conduct the test without having to have water hooked up. If a hard reset is nothing more than 5 minutes off that has happened in spades. I replaced the water switch already. How does a faulty valve cause the system to not put 120 across the input terminals of the input switch? Is there a continuity check initially to test the switch. say if it is open and it should not be since it is nothing but a solenoid then 120 won't be sent?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

i feel like you are agitated with me so I will open this up to other experts. Good luck and have a good evening.