John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a kitchenAid oven, model #KEBK102B. Quite often it

Customer Question

we have a kitchenAid oven, model #KEBK102B. Quite often it does not come up to proper operating temp. Tonight we tried to cook frozen french fries at $00 degrees. After approx. 30, the suggested cook time, the fries weren't done cooking. We had to leave them in for an extra 15 minutes and the never got done completely to our satisfaction. My wife stopped the oven and restarted it. Never opening the door. The initial temp. came on at 350 degrees and did not come up to the set 400 degrees. Is there something we can do to address the problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The oven is approximately 3 years old. It is a Single Self Clean Built in Oven. Model number KEBK101B
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is something that I can do. I am usually fairly handy.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes we have a dinner party tomorrow night and are in need of fixing the problem asap
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Does the display show that it is at temperature, even though it is not?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What info. do you need from me
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You must have missed my second post. It is copied below.

Me