Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Water developed in refrid part only. Should the drain on on

Customer Question

Water developed in refrid part only. Should the drain on Ken on coldspot mod 62852101 have the cap on or should it be removed. I found it with cap on. Opened it and poured a bit of hot water, it did drain to bottom pan. Any other check points
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: About 5 days. Easily clean up
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Trying
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's about it, no drain in freezer, none on back
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The cap should allow water to go around it. It is just there to keep big things like moths or food from clogging the drain, you can definitely remove it if it's just causing a problem. Other than that, just thaw any ice around the drain and make sure it's draining properly and you should be good to go.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should I keep the cap on or off the drain
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If the cap is working properly, just leave it on. Put the cap on and see if you pour water and it still drains. If it's causing a problem when you put the cap on, just remove it because it's not a significant functional part.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What you sent me is what I found free on the internet. I gave you my model. I should have been directed to the freezer, told to remove plate and backing. You told me nothing about my model.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Have a nice day.