Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Profile fridge that when I plug it in at my new

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile fridge that when I plug it in at my new place I left it plugged in over night and the freezer is set at 0 and the fridge at 34. But the fridge only gets down to 50 and the freezer down to 23. Whats wrong and how do I fix it? Model number PSDS5YGXCFSS
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Was it laid down during transit to the new home?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hmm, okay. Are you able to remove the rear panel from inside the freezer to inspect the evaporator coil?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok removed
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Is the entire coil covered in frost or just a small portion?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The bottom portion is frosted
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That is not good, it means the refrigerator has a leak in the sealed refrigeration system. This is not a repair you will be able to complete, it requires specialized training and equipment. You can expect a cost of about $350-400 + parts to have it professionally repaired.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.